Quick-write Of The Day
QOTD requirements: all QOTDs must include all of the following
1.Write the date at the top of the page
2.Write the question/quote and QOTD # at the top of the page
3.Interpret the meaning of the quote and/or assess your position on the statement/question
4.Organize your thoughts – brainstorm ideas, web, T-chart, list, outline
5.Answer the question/respond to the quote in complete sentences
6.Use short essay format (introduction, body, conclusion):
*Must be paragraph format
Introduction – hook and thesis
- thesis addresses all parts of the question
- thesis sets up the argument
- thesis addresses the targeted skill
Body – main points and supporting evidence
- examples, reasons, and evidence are clearly appropriate
- uses substantial outside information to support or prove thesis/argument
- includes supporting examples, details, evidence, facts, prior experiences, statistics, etc. to support your thesis/argument
- smooth transition/progress of ideas
Conclusion – summarization
- concluding sentence, restate your position, call to action, ramifications, caution
7. Proof read and complete the “QOTD checklist”
- Is your thesis/argument clearly stated?
- Is your response focused?
- Is your position well supported by evidence/outside information?
- Do your examples support your thesis/argument?
- Have you incorporated higher-order vocabulary?
- Did you answer the question?
- Check your sentence structure and grammar
8.Be prepared to participate
*If you have writer’s block/brain freeze just write…something…anything