CMS format TEMPLATE (page setup) *PLEASE make a Copy
Scoring Criteria Q1, Q2 (Rubric)
Scoring Criteria Q3 (Rubric)
Essay Outline (Paragraph I Introduction – Paragraph V Conclusion)
Resources for Introduction (Hook, Background, Thesis):
Resources for Thesis Statements:
Resources for CMS Citations:
How to create a CMS/Chicago bibliography – Purdue University Online Writing Center (OWL)
Sample CMS/Chicago paper – Purdue University Online Writing Center (OWL)
Bibme – cite your sources in CMS/Chicago (make sure to manually enter missing information)
Citation Machine – cite your sources in CMS/Chicago (make sure to manually enter missing information)
Quarter 1 Essay: How did 9/11 impact the foreign and domestic policies of the United States?
Quarter 2 Essay Options:
- Expository/Cause and Effect: How did technology introduced in the 1990s change American culture and the consumer market place (economy)?
- Persuasive/Critical: Is outsourcing good for the U.S. economy?
- Expository: In what ways did the American government deal with increasing foreign economic competition in the 1990s?
- Expository: What role did the United States play in resolving global conflicts during the 1990s?
- Compare and Contrast: In what ways did Operation Desert Storm (1991) differ from Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003)? In what ways were they similar?
- Expository/Cause and Effect: How did events, economics, and policies of the 1990s fundamentally change American society?
- Persuasive/Critical: Who was the most successful president of the last 28 years (Obama, G.W. Bush, Clinton, G.H.W. Bush)? What social, political, and economic programs made them successful?
- Free Choice: This question must be related to class content, and the question MUST BE OKAYED by me before writing.
Quarter 3 Essay: Has media had a positive of negative impact on the political process?